Roadmap to become Project Management Professional
Upon completion of this programme, participants will:
- Navigate the process groups and knowledge areas of the PMBOK® Guide — Fourth Edition
- Identify and map the inputs and outputs of the PMBOK® Guide processes
- Learn basic terminology of project management
- Acquire necessary knowledge and skills on project management methods, skills, and concepts
- Understand project management tools, techniques, principles and methodologies advocated by the PMI®.
- Realize the processes of initiating, planning, executing and controlling a project
- Be able to apply basic concepts and theory in real life project situations
- Be able to build a business case for project initiation
- Comprehend the roles & responsibility of a Project Manager
- PMBOK® process groups
- PMBOK® knowledge areas
- PMBOK® process model
- Provide a roadmap for how to pass the Project Management Institute’s (PMI®’s) Project Management Professional examination (PMP® exam)
- Be ready to take the PMP® examination
PMBOK Guide Knowledge Areas:
Human Resource Management
Medium of Instruction
Cantonese supplemented with English terminology.
Programme materials are in English.
At least 3 years of project management experience within the 6-year period prior to the application.
HKAL with grade E or above in at least 2 subjects plus at least 5 years of project management experience within the 8-year period prior.
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal for associate project managers, project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders, product managers, program managers, project team members, stakeholders, and senior managers who want to advance the career in the realm of project management.
Why Global Insititute of Management
Date: 13 Oct 2010 (12 Sessions)
Time: 7 ~10 pm
Module 1: $6480 (36 contact hours of project management training + 3 hours case study)
Early-bird: $6000 (Enrollment is made before 30 September)
Trainer’s Profile – Jessica Leung
Jessica has over 10 years of information technology and project management experience in the business Sectors. Her professional and business knowledge spans in project management, business and user requirements analysis as well as service management of Government and commercial projects.
Jessica possesses hands-on skills with detailed knowledge in project management, quality management, business process reengineering, system implementation and applications management.